OK - so before anyone thinks I have fallen off the deep end...I am talking about FOOD smoking. Alynda allowed me an early start on a very nice Father's Day gift - an electric food smoker. We have really enjoyed it. So far we've smoked brisket, sausage, chicken, ribs, and meatloaf. It's all been great, but the meatloaf has become one of our favorites. We will be cooking all of dinner today in the smoker, which includes potatoes, cabbage, corn, and rib eye steaks. I will finish the steaks on the grill. One of the things we will try soon is Kansas City "burnt ends." Aaron told us about them and we've been doing some research on how to prepare them. He sent me a link recently to a recipe from the Food Network which we are going to try.
I've not been a regular blogger, but have decided that this might be the best way to keep a journal, share my thoughts and beliefs, and other musings. Alynda, maintains a family blog if you'd like to visit and find out what's happening with her.
Sunday, June 19, 2011
Smoking like crazy!
OK - so before anyone thinks I have fallen off the deep end...I am talking about FOOD smoking. Alynda allowed me an early start on a very nice Father's Day gift - an electric food smoker. We have really enjoyed it. So far we've smoked brisket, sausage, chicken, ribs, and meatloaf. It's all been great, but the meatloaf has become one of our favorites. We will be cooking all of dinner today in the smoker, which includes potatoes, cabbage, corn, and rib eye steaks. I will finish the steaks on the grill. One of the things we will try soon is Kansas City "burnt ends." Aaron told us about them and we've been doing some research on how to prepare them. He sent me a link recently to a recipe from the Food Network which we are going to try.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment