Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 21, 2011

A Tribute to Mothers

I know that Mother's Day is a few weeks away, but I wanted to post some thoughts I've been having the last few days about mothers - especially the mothers in our family. I guess I was prompted to think about this as I thought about Jen driving to Salt Lake on Tuesday - by herself - to take Ellis and Afton to important visits with doctors, especially in preparation for Ellis' surgery tomorrow. I thought about what she was doing, and it led me to think about the other mothers in our family, and the things each of you do to care for your children. I also thought about the MAIN mother in the family and all that she has done over many, many years to offer selfless service to our children and what she has given up to do so.

I don't doubt that there might be times when you wonder if it's really worth it - if you're really making a difference in the world. Let me assure you that you are making a huge difference in the lives of your children as you love them, teach them, nurture them, nourish them, and lovingly correct them. The longer I live, and the more I see the morals of the world deteriorate, the more I recognize and appreciate the vital, essential role mothers play in the lives of their children. You each sacrifice a great deal to be moms. Your kids are too young (and with no real experience) to know and appreciate what you do for them each day. Just like all of us, we didn't (and couldn't) really appreciate what our parents did until we were parents ourselves.

So, to all of the moms in the family, please know that you ARE making a difference - even if no one tells you very often. Know that the day WILL come that your children will rise up and call you blessed for what you are doing and did to bless their lives and, most importantly, love them. Thank you for what you do. In the moments of exhaustion and exasperation please don't give up. Every effort you ever make does make a difference. Please know that I love you and admire each of you.

To Alynda - you are the best. You are the rock of the family and have set an example of righteous womanhood and motherhood. I love you for that more than words can say.

To the other men in the family, I hope you show your wives - and the mothers of your children - how much you love and appreciate them through your acts of kindness, patience, and doing all you can to see that their lives are happy and comfortable.

Happy Mother's Day. I love you all.

5 comments:

Adrienne said...

Thank you Dad. And thank you Mom. Thank you for dyeing Easter eggs with me even if you hated it. I am hoping my children will say that to me someday. I love you! :)

Bruce Kusch said...

Dyeing Easter eggs was fun. At least that's what I think I remember :)). I love you too, Ade.

Alynda said...

Thank you for the wonderful tribute. I watch our daughters (by birth and by marriage) and see wonderful women who are caring for our sweet grandchildren in loving and caring ways, much better than I did. You are such good examples to me. I love you all!

Jen said...

Thanks Dad. Thanks to both Mom and Dad for coming this weekend so I wouldn't be alone for Easter. I love you!

Bruce Kusch said...

We were happy to be there. We were "eggsactly" where we wanted to be.